Sunday, October 19, 2008

RE-DOING MY SHOP!

This is a picture of my shop right now; where I work on the lamps and shades and various other "stuff". Roger has added a window (so I can see that it is getting late during Winter!) and soon there will be french doors, donated by a dear friend! On the left of the picture is our garden shed and on the right of the new window is the storage area where we keep our 1956 T-Bird under cover. My shop is in the middle! Last year we painted our house a light green with white trim and barn-red accents. And I am going to paint this building the same colors too! But the weather is getting pretty cold right now, so painting may have to wait until next Spring! Roger also put up a scalloped piece of siding that I got at a yard sale, (not in this picture though) as an accent across the top where you can see a line . By next Summer it should all be done and I will show you the results then!!! The only problem with having a window and french doors is that now I have to keep my shop CLEAN!!!! When all that is completed, I will make a little garden in front and use that old metal bed frame in it.






The above cute little pedal cars are what we brought home from our camping trip last month. Our car club raffles them off at the annual car show which will be next June. I really like the hot rod with the blue and green flames! The other one is a "Thomas the Train" look alike. We got them from a company in Chiloquin, Oregon called "The Pedal Car People" (a family owned business - and very nice people!) you can check them out at: http://www.pedalcarpeople.com/
That's about all for now. I am done with my order for three white lampshades. And finishing up the two remaining styrene "coolie" shades. And I did finish a pretty "Doilie" shade for a friend, I'll take a picture of it in her house and post it next time! Now I can consentrate on making my daughters window valances for her new kitchen! They will be a red toile, to go in her light green kitchen! She likes the cottage look too!
I also have been looking at your blogs, and I sure enjoy all the beautiful things you all do and say. So, have a great week, and I'll be back real soon!
xxxooo
Marilyn

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oooh, you have your own shop? How wonderful! I can't wait to see it when it's redone. I think you will really enjoy your window and french doors - especially in the Winter sunshine there in Central Oregon. Do we get to see the inside, too? Curious minds want to see. ~Adrienne~

Michelle Palmer said...

How exciting!
Thank you for sharing "stages" with all of us...
There is a new Studio Issue of Cloth Paper Scissors...I love looking at other artists/crafters creative spaces!
You do such beautiful work...love to see the different designs you have made~
Best wishes with your project!
Michelle

kari and kijsa said...

How fun!! Can;t wait to se the re-do- we know it will be fabulous!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa