Thursday, March 24, 2011

THE RENOVATION IS ALMOST COMPLETE!

This is one side of the new light above the kitchen table.

Things are going a bit slowly now. Last Thursday I had a small operation on my knee (a torn miniscus - BOO HOO!) and I haven't been able to help a whole lot with the renovation! It is hard not to be up and doing things when you are supposed to be babying your knee for two weeks! But we ARE getting there! The contractors are done. My honey is now finishing up the details. And still, I am in a quandry about putting things back! Now that the colors have changed; I was blues, pinks, yellows and greens (basically pastels). Now it is greens, reds & white! Soooo, I made the drapes for the living room and we are waiting for the new recliners (April 2nd - YAY!) And I still need to make the slipcover for the sofa! But putting stuff back on the walls is daunting!

We used the old doors and Roger drilled the holes in some of them to give it a "farm kitchen" look.

The kitchen is almost complete (the most work there!) But now that we changed the colors, I have to change the chair cushions, the curtains, and the accessories too! We made some changes in that we bought a new stove - which eliminated the wall oven, so now we have a space for the microwave and three new pull out drawers in the cupboard below it that will need new doors!

We put the curio cabinet in the kitchen and filled it with kitchen stuff! That's Baylee watching for squirrels!

My honey took the glass out of two of the doors and replaced it with chicken wire - I love it!

We have yet to purchase door knobs and pulls for all the drawers and cabinets, also painting of some small shelves to go on the walls, etc. But I need your opinion: Should I paint the chairs black now that the kitchen is mostly off-white? I would appreciate any comments!

p.s: I don't want to show too much until the whole job is completed - and that will take a lot of work on my part! The "reveal" will have to wait a bit!!!

Have a great week,
XOXO,
Marilyn

3 comments:

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

I loooooooooove cherry lampshade!
:-)

How about red chairs?

Smiles,
Dolly

Adrienne said...

I'm so sorry you had to have surgery but glad you're on the mend. Your lampshade is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest of the rooms when they are finished.
~Adrienne~

bj said...

I am loving your lampshade. And, those holes in the cabinet doors..AWESOME..it DOES make them look farm country. Love it.

Now, my favorite color combo in the whole entire wide world is black and white so if it were MY kitchen, those chairs would be black before I could say JACK SPRAT.
Whatever color you choose will be pretty, tho.
xo