Saturday, March 20, 2010

HELLO SPRING!

Isn't this just so peaceful! "Spring Morning" by Michael Humphrey's

Not only was today a day of yard saleing, but it's the first day of SPRING! Yay! I can't wait to get out in the garden and DO SOMETHING! Yesterday I watered my plants, they were so thirsty! But couldn't dig into the ground yet - still frozen! The weather today was just gorgeous - warm and sunny! Stopped by the nursery but couldn't buy anything, was tempted to buy some pretty pansies, but thought of what the new puppy would do to them, so nah, I didn't get them.

Got some bad news last night, Roger's step mother died. Mary was a perfectionist; very precise, and so organized! Very genteel, and sweet. When I first met her she scared me to death! But as we got to know each other, we became friends and wrote letters back and forth. She didn't much like talking on the phone (neither do I) and she didn't like the internet - but she could write the BEST letters and I have saved them all. The whole family will miss her and her funny ways! Death is a part of Life - if you are born you will eventually pass on. I believe to a most wonderous and beautiful place.

Better get going, Easter will be here soon...Y'all get your EASTER BONNETS READY NOW, YA HEAR! Have a great week and may God Bless!



xoxo
Marilyn

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Dear Marilyn,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know you will miss her much! Her letters will be a real treasure to you and Roger and bring many sweet memories.
~Adrienne~

Charmingdesigns said...

Love to see you wear a hat like that heeehee.
Its nice that you have wonderful letters.

Julie said...

Love the lamps! My husband is an electrician and the subject of light is fascinating at our house.

Please come visit me at my blog laughinghorseart.blogspot.com. I give art tips with personality thrown in and a snippet of art history every day.