Thursday, July 7, 2011

HEY Y'ALL, YOO-HOO! I'M BAAAAACK!

The Oregon Gardens, Silverton, Oregon

No, I didn't fall off the end of the earth! We have just been going, going, going! First we went to the Oregon Garden Resort in Silverton, Oregon. Such a beautiful place...the rooms are built in groups of four with fireplaces and patios for each room; very quaint! We got a special deal that included the room, dinner, touring the gardens, a spa treatment, and breakfast! We all stayed an extra night so that we could see the surrounding towns too.

Our friends with the Oregon Gardens behind them

Then, we were off to Wallowa Lake in Northeast Oregon with four other couples for a week of camping. It was just beautiful there too; except it rained almost every night and part of the day - guess we were a little early in the season! We took the tram up to the top of the "alps" where there was still a lot of snow on the ground and we could not go hiking, too icy! But we had a great time visiting and playing cards. Going to the shops in Joseph, and trips into the "wilderness".

This was taken near a place called "Lookout Station" Buckhorn.

At the top of the tram!

Then getting ready for the HIGH LAKES SHOW N' SHINE, our car club puts this on every year in our little town! It's a lot of fun and a lot of work before-hand! Selling raffle tickets and talking with all the people - lots of really pretty classic cars! Sorry, I didn't take any pictures this year! What was I thinking???

Oh, and we bought a new truck! A Ford F-150 with FOUR DOORS (count em!) I love it and its the color of rootbeer! Ain't she pretty!


Another thing I did not too long ago is I found out that the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW was going to be in Eugene, Oregon. So I got two tickets for it and my sister Carol and I went (the day before leaving for Wallowa Lake!) We had a blast! But lots and lots of waiting in lines! I took my "crepe paper" dolls, and Fran's "gadget". and Carol took our grandmothers teapot and a picture. Well, we finally got in our lines for specific things: me in the doll line and Carol in the glass/pottery line. I found out that the dolls were uniquely made probably by a crafter (my grandfather bought a set of them and gave them to my grandmother for a gift MANY years ago.) They were worth about $100 or so, and he said that the hats were what made them worth it! Go figure. As you can see in the picture, the dolls were played with by my mother and her sister when they were young - but I love them just the same! I have three of them and Carol has three. Carol found out what the teapot was worth, but we didn't wait in any more lines - the "gadget" line and the "picture" line were both two hours long!!!


Here is Carol while we were waiting in the first group of lines!

We spent Independance Day on Whidbey Island, WA. we were invited to our friends, firneds home on the beach. Good food, friendly people, and what a fireworks display right in front of us on the beach!







And now we are off tomorrow for two days in La Grande, Oregon for another car show! then we will be heading to California to visit our kids! And finally (I think!) one more trip over to the coast for the Winchester Bay COOL COASTAL NIGHTS Car show - however, we will be camping for four days, not bringing our T-Bird!

See what I mean, we have been gone and busy so much these past couple months! Retirement is so much fun!

You all have a great week, and maybe I'll see you at some of these places??? Who knows!

God Bless,
XOXO
Marilyn

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Oh, you were almost in my backyard! I live close to the Oregon Gardens (would you believe I've never been there?) and my daughter and her family live in Silverton. So, why haven't I gone there? Haven't stopped long enough to do it. Think I will! Soon. Your adventures sound wonderful!
~Adrienne~