Saturday, January 22, 2011

My daughter is SO clever and artistic!


Check out these photos of my grandaughter's bedroom...she is 8 years old now and "too old" for a princess room, and wanted something new: a PARIS room! So for Christmas, her parents bought her a new bedspread, some pillows, a dresser painted black with pink glass handles, etc. Then my daughter decided to go one step further and paint on the walls - check out what she came up with! A hanging valance in a pretty stripe with ruffles at the ceiling on one wall and polka-dots down the wall. Then a frame around a picture "Haute Couture". She painted this all by hand, no stencil involved! Isn't she clever, creative, artistic AND patient!



So what do you think; now I am making an old chandelier into a pretty one for her room - I found it at a yard sale two years ago, and will paint it black, add crystals, maybe some pretty pink shades too!



Just thought I would share with you all...so have a great weekend!

xoxo
Marilyn

5 comments:

Jean Tuthill said...

The room is spectacular! Your daughter did so good with the painting. It is so creative. I love the valance that she did! The chandelier is going to be beautiful and the finishing touch. Good Job!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Marilyn!

Your granddaughter's bedroom is so tre chic!! I LOVE it!! I love the idea of the valance across the top. Everything is so creative... can you send your daughter over?? LOL Please keep us updated on the chandy you are redoing and let us see it when you're done.

Of course you can use that photo of Jesus knocking at the door! It is my favorite photo of Jesus, It's the first photo I remember seeing of Him when I was a little girl. If you can't copy it let me know & I will email it to you.

Big hugs, Sherry

Meggie said...

What a great room! I never would have imagined. I'm not very cretive. Can't wait to see what you do with the chadelier.

Charmingdesigns said...

She did such a fantastic job!! Love that gadget...pasta maker??? I have to say, I dont miss anything.well, maybe the countryside. I always get excited when I see an old fence or weeds.lol I'll be posting the little lake we found and a fence.
I love love love going over to the beach area, the air is so devine.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I cannot wait to see your chandelier completed! Your shades are all around my home! So cute!