Monday, November 1, 2010

AHHHHH, FALL!


Isn't this a beautiful painting by Vicki Asp! Well, finally fall is here; Halloween's over, now here comes Thanksgiving! Around the corner is Christmas - YIKES! Where did the time go? Didn't we just do this? When I was a kid, probably just like you, I thought it was eons until Christmas...now that I'm a Grandmother, the time just goes so quick..and wham! here it is again!



Remember these Burma Shave signs? Bring back memories? Me too! And I am constantly getting emails from friends that are in my "age bracket" that remind me of how old I am - like old TV shows, or old ads in magazines or even jokes about seniors! Well, as they say, you are only as old as you feel - I may never look 20 again, or 30 or even 50! But I am happy with my life now and satisfied with myself. The Good Lord has put me where I am supposed to be, and well, here I am!!!



So I started Christmas shopping, bought a few things and better keep on it or it will be last minute for us again! So you all have a great week, thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
Marilyn

3 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Love, love Fall!
And I like your attitude of contentment with life.
:)

bj said...

Hi..thanks for stopping by.

I just got home from shopping all day long with a girlfriend and am going to bed soon.
I will send you an email about the red paint tomorrow. :))
xo bj

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

LOL - yes, i remember those ads!

hey, guess what?!!

stop over to my blog...
you are the winner of a pattern!

please email me at sweetcottagedreams1@comcast.net and give me your mailing address.

happy fall and happy shopping!

:) becky