Thursday, May 6, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day; A day to relax and enjoy your families. All my children are too far away to be together this Mother's Day, but we will get together on the phone...my own mother is no longer with us, so my sister and I will probably spend some time together - maybe our husbands will cook for us!!! Sounds good to me.

You may be wondering how my "Fish Wives Follies" week went? This is the week of OPENING DAY FOR FISHING, where our husbands go off for a week with 7 other guys, so the three of us decided a few years ago that since our honey's are off fishing, we would get together and have some fun too! This year we stayed with Cheri, who lives in Southern California. Below is a picture that the waitress took (a little fuzzy.) That's the three of us; Cheri, me and Fran.



We went to THREE "Home Goods" stores and found lots of really neat things; I brought home two serving bowls, a cup & saucer, some Mothers Day gifts, and Fathers Day gifts too. Now it's my FAVORITE place to shop! Wish they would open one in my area...


And we had to have lunch at In and Out Burger! YUM! Fran and I don't have them where we live; so when we walked in, the smell, made us drool!! These are the best hamburgers in the world, I swear!


The pictures below are of Cheri's home...she and her honey work very hard on this yard, and it certainly shows! Beautiful roses, flowers; the whole back fence is covered with morning glories! The birds love it too. And the "garden art" makes it soooo special! They turned over a birdcage and planted flowers in it, very sweet! Another thing they did is buy tea pots at yard sales and fill them with flowers to hang - really cute idea!




We went to some antique stores, craft malls, and a farmers market. Made some good food; a delicious chicken enchilada casserole, cowboy round-up casserole, and cream puff cake: I think we all gained another 5 pounds! Watched some good movies - you know, Chick Flicks! We had a wonderful time! Next year it will be at my home in Oregon, so I better get planning now! You all have a great week!
xoxo
Marilyn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time you all had!! Love the garden pics....WOW!!
Happy Mother's Day!
Marilyn
xxoo

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh you'll have to tell me where you went! I'm finally able to get back into blogland. We made the move to So. Calif. We have an In and Out burger right next door. oh no! lol. and a home goods, been there a few times already. What flea market did you go to?

Kathleen Grace said...

Wow, sounds like so much fun! Cheri's yard and garden is beautiful and I love the teapot hanging flowers.

Jean Tuthill said...

What a fun time you had. It's so nice that you have made this a fun thing for you girls to enjoy. And I'm sure it made your Mother's Day extra special!