Sunday, February 28, 2010

A CHOICE, A NEW PROJECT, AND BATHTIME!


First off, I want to say that I Thank the Good Lord that I am where I am because of His Grace. In church this morning we saw a video of the people living in Cambodia - literally living on a dump heap; very sad indeed. Although hunger and pain will always be throughout the world, at least until He comes again. Thank the Lord also because we don't live in Haiti or Chile right now, and say a prayer for them. Someone sent me an email with lots of pictures and I thought the one above sort of hits home now with the world in such turmoil as it is. The light or the fire, the choice is ours alone to make!


Here I am with Baylee, her first bath. She didn't like it much and looked like a wet noodle! But what she really didn't like was the hair dryer - I put it on very low but that didn't help her nerves! When the warmer weather comes around, she won't have to be dried off using my hair dryer - poor little sweetie! She is growing leeps and bounds - and is sure a lot of fun! More pictures as she grows!

Now for the project: I have been thinking about this little project for a long time now. Didn't know if I wanted to do it or not. And now I am glad that I did. I have had this coffee table for a few years now and it is painted an off-white already. But I wanted to paint "maryjanes" on its feet! So I got out my paint and brushes and went to work. Didn't take long, but I like the results. Question is; should I paint socks on the legs also? Would love your comments!


Well y'all have a great week!
xoxo
Marilyn

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness.... THe Mary Janes are adorable!! By all means paint some little ruffly socks!!
Have a Wonderful Day!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Toooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!!
I love it!!!!

Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes! I had the best birthday ever!
You are so right 50 is wonderful!

Hugz, Dolly

Adrienne said...

Those little Mary Janes are s-o cute!!! But I like the picture of you and Bailey best! I remember Joey's first bath - he felt much the same. He's afraid of the hair dryer so I try to snuggle him into a big towel and pat and rub him as dry as possible. He seems so curious now every time I run bath water for me and it almost seems as if he wants to get in. I'm sure it's just a false impression!

Love your header. The simplicity of the shade with the lace is gorgeous!
~Adrienne~

Meggie said...

What a sweetheart your Bailey is! Just adorable!! The Mary Janes are priceless...I think socks would make the table seem less formal.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

How darn cute is this!!!!. I mean really it is just to cute and so creative. No socks the mayjane's are perfect. Bailey is so adorable and I bet he gives you lots of puppy kisses.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Jean Tuthill said...

So sweet, and by all means, give her some cute little lacy socks! Love your pup, Bailey, also, so cute. Have a wonderful weekend.

Marigene said...

Ruffly little socks would be so cute!

Charmingdesigns said...

Thats a hoot!!! love it the way it is. puppy is sooo adorable. Did you get more snow??

Tina❀ said...

For goodness sakes! That is just to ding dang dong cute!!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog, but just love it. Thanks for all the great posts
and "cuteness".
BB from Ga.